Department of Computer Science
Sharanabasaveshwar College of Science, Gulbarga has been established as a single faculty Science Institution in 1956 by Sharanabasaveshwar Vidya Vardhak Sangha, Gulbarga to impact need based and moral education to the students of Hyderabad Karnataka region.
B.Sc. computer science was started during the year 1987-88 as one of the optional subject at under graduate level. It was stared with the financial assistance of UGC under restructured courses.
The faculty members of the department are actively engaged in teaching and in the development of projects and other ICT related activities. They are also collaborating with the Dept. of M.C.A, Gulbarga University, Kalaburagi in framing the syllabus of B.Sc. Computer science.
Career Oriented Program (COP) namely, Hardware and Networking certificate course was started from the academic year 2012-2013 with U.G.C. assistance.
Certificate course in Computer Basics was started from the academic year 2018-2019. Also Certificate course in Web Designing will be started soon.
- Train the students to develop problem solving abilities using a computer.
- Demonstrate to use new design methodologies, operating systems, computer languages and other software development tools within reasonable time constraints.
- Design and develop computer programs and understanding the principles and working of hardware and software aspects of computer systems.
- To enhance skills and adapt new technologies for attaining professional excellence.
- Inculcate to develop professional skills related to software industry that prepares them for immediate employment.
- To prepare the students for graduate training in some specialized areas of computer science effectively for software development.
The existing staff members of the Department :
The faculty members of the department are continually working on research problems. Their results are published and presented in National and International Scientific journals and at National and International Conference /Seminars. The department arranges the guest lectures by resource persons.