Library & Information Center
The Sharanbasveshwara College library was established in the year 1956 to cater to the need of learning fraternity of the institution the college library is located in a central position of the campus.
Library starts functioning at 8.00 a.m and closes at 6.00 p.m. on all working days, providing resources and materials that support the educational, professional, and personal information needs of our students, faculty and staff.
The library is fully computerized and digitalized with Machine Readable Catalogue facility for searching and Bar-coding for detection and transparency. Students and teachers visit the Library regularly and make use of the digital and print resources provided.
The library is automated with the software. E-LIB Version: 16.2 for the overall management of library operations. Database creation is progressing. Books are classified according to Dewey decimal classification Scheme 19th edition with reference to online OCLC classifies http://classify.oclc.org/classify2/.
We provide open access facility in the library actualizing the prime objective of providing the right information for the right user at the right time. The total area of library is 7200 sq.ft. Same building is shared with Sharanbasveshwar College of Arts. Library collections include the less demanded books, multiple copies, back volumes of periodicals and damaged books. The total seating capacity of the library is 100 members at a time.
The collection includes print documents and electronic documents. The library it is covered CCTV surveillance.
Vision: To provide a student – Centered learning environment that facilitates transfer of information and to cater to the needs of its users to access.
Mission: To facilitate access to right information to right user at the right time in the right manner so as to produce productive citizens to this great nation.
Highlights of the Library and Information Centre:
- Fully computerized and automated with e-lib Integrated Library Software with version of 16.2
- Open access system’s providing easy accessibility.
- Internet section with 25 systems and with wifi facility is provided.
- Available a comprehensive collection of books and resource materials for competitive exams.
- Available well maintained and easily accessible copies of previous question papers.
- Subscription to INFLIBNET's N-LIST consortia to provide faculty access to e-journals and e-books. The library plans to throw open the facility to our students as well.
- Total No. of Vol.– 48000
- Total No. of Journals – 22
- Newspapers – 6
- Magazines – 17
- Shodhganga (Open Access)
- DOAJ (Open Access)
- E-Resources for Self Learning
- Librarians Day Celebration
- Best Reader Award (Staff and Students)
- User Education:
- Providing training to the users, normally freshers, about the various services and resources of the library.
- It includes circulation policy, how to search and retrieve the document in OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) and other databases etc
- Loan Service:
- Loan service or document/information delivery service is the heart of every library.
- Users can take the book for home reading.
- Reference Service:
- It is also an important service. Since the rare and costly books are kept for reference only, users are not allowed to take the books for home reading.
- Theses, various reports and other intellectual repositories of the college are for reference only.
- Digital Library:
- A total of twenty Four laptops are set for the digital library.
- The students can browse the paid and open access e-resources from the digital library.
- New addition alert service:
- It is an email alert service to all the users about the new arrivals of the library or their interested subject area.
- Career Corner:
- We have a career corner for the students who prepare for the competitive exams.
- Bound Volumes and Question Papers:
- Journals and question papers are bound and kept for student’s reference and research purposes.
- Library is a place for serious study and research. So strict silence is to be maintained.
- The library will be open from 8.00 am to 5 pm on all working days. (except public holidays and Monday).
- Identity card is compulsory for entering the library.
- Books are issued against the library membership cards, all working days till 5 pm.
- Reference books and periodicals will not be issued for home reading.
- Students must examine the books taken by them and report to the librarian if the books are in a damaged condition before taking them away.
- Any book lost or damaged, must be replaced with the same one or latest edition. (In case of multi volume set, complete set should be replaced).
The loan period is 15 working days for all categories of readers. Renewal is possible only one time and it is for 15 days only.
UG – 4 Books
Faculties – 10 Books
Guest faculties – 5 Books
No due certificate should be collected from the library on retirement/expiry of contract/course completion/course discontinuation etc.