Department of Zoology
Zoology Department was established in the year 1956. Zoology was started as one of the major subject on the needs of students. In 1981 it was started as one of the optional subject for B.Sc course. In 2006 semester system is introduced and CBCS is introduced in 2018 for B.Sc course.
Since the inception, Department has well established with equipped laboratory. The Department has a museum with good collection of specimens.
The faculty members of the department are continuously working on research programmes. Their results are published and presented in National and International Scientific journals and at National and International Conference /Seminars. The department arranges the Guest lectures by various reputed scientists/ Educationists.
Overall result of our department is more than 90% and students are getting rank every year.
The existing staff members of the Department :
Courses Offered: CHEMISTRY, BOTANY, ZOOLOGY
||Max. Period for completion of the course: 3 years
||Eligibility: PUC or its equivalent
Departmental research activities:
- Total No.of papers presented: 10
- No.of books Published by regional publishers/state publishers/National publishers/Internal publishers: Nil
- No.of research articles appeared in proceedings of national/International Conferences: Nil
- Total number of Research Articles published in Peer- Reviewed Journals /UGC listed Journals with impact factors: 20
Chairs/Fellowship/Medals (if any)
- Vice chairman college advisory Board of IRCS
- Served as Zone chairperson: Lions district 316B Hyderabad
- Served as President of Lions club of Gulbarga for two years.
Member of Learned Society
- Life member: Indian Science Congress,Kolkata
- Life member: Academy of Environmental Biology,Ranchi.
- Life member:National Environmentalist Association.
- Life member:Karnataka Rajya Vignana Parishad,Bengaluru.
- Member: International Association of Lions clubs,USA.
- Member BoE: Gulbarga University,Kalaburagi.
Member BoS: Govt.Degree college ,Kalaburagi.
- NAAC Coordinator: Sharnbasveshwar college of Science Kalaburagi.
Awards/Honors received by individual Teachers:
- Best president award & pin from president of Lions clubs International,USA
NESA’s Young Scientist Award for the year 1993
Any other Information:
For effective practical work, Zoology department has well established, sufficiently renovated, spacious and well equipped laboratory. It is well equipped with black boards, smart boards, sufficient number of fans, LED lights and with comfortable seats. The department has a separate staff room with computer and internet connectivity with printer facilities.
The Department also has a museum with good collection of specimens. The department has maintained Vermicomposting Technique.
2. Egg Incubator
SWOC ANALYSIS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Excellent infrastructure with well equipped laboratory.
- Good quality students come from different parts of the state.
- Dedicated and qualified faculty with Ph.D.
- Good work culture and freedom for experimentation.
- The department has favorable atmosphere for learning.
- The laboratory is upgraded regularly as needed.
- Lack of research center or place.
- Most of the students from rural background
- The three certificate courses offered along with their regular degree courses to give an opportunity to the students in the job market.
- Attraction of students from other states.
- Development of Incubation Centre.
- Strengthening Consultancy Services.
- How to get rid of distraction of the students by the cell phones and social media is a major challenge before the teachers of the college.
- Attracting students towards reading habit.
- Plan to apply proposal for major /minor research projects.
- Plan to apply for research Guide- ship to Gulbarga University, Kalaburagi.
- Plan to organize extension work in rural areas.
- Plan to start Skill enhancement courses.
- Name: DR.B.RAMAKRISHNA REDDY
- Telephone No: 9900427194
- Email: email@example.com