Department of Chemistry
Sharnbasveshwar College of Science, Kalaburagi has been established as a single faculty Science Institution in 1956 by Sharanabasaveshwar Vidya Vardhak Sangha, Kalaburagi. Chemistry as one of the major and minor subjects has been introduced in the same year.
Since the inception of Chemistry department and Chemistry as one of the optional subjects, the department is showing exponential progress rate. At present there are three well equipped laboratories with capacity of 40 students in each. The laboratory having highly sophisticated modern equipment like UV Spectrometer are useful for the students and staff continuing the research work.
During this academic year are there 410 students studying in B.Sc I/III/V semester classes with Chemistry as one of the optional subjects. There are seven experiences and devoted faculty members with two Ph.D. holders. Department is involved in the extension research work.
The department has started C.O.P namely the certificate course in Water analysis, with U.G.C assistance.
The department conducts Annual Industrial/Study tours for students to various important industries to get first hand information of projects. The department of chemistry organizes various seminars/ work-shops every year for the benefit of students and staff members
SWOC ANALYSIS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Highly qualified faculty with excellent research background.
- Good laboratory facilities
- Students with innovative ideas and Adequate scope for higher education.
- Less Industry – Institute interaction.
- Moderate Placement ratio.
- Intellectual Involvement of Alumni at Institute level is less.
- Less research activities.
- Placement by interacting with industry professionals.
- Good research publications.
- Developing the department to a world class research center by collaborating with global institutions.
- Promote the students for higher studies.
- Strengthen Industry-Institute Interaction.
- Encouraging students for competitive examinations and higher studies.
- More focus on Industrial training for faculty and students.
- To enhance the success rate in GU exams.
- The Department is planning to conduct National and International level Seminars.
- Invite eminent Professors from various Universities to conduct special lectures.
- Invite more & more Pharmaceutical and Industrial delegates to get opportunities for the students.
- Educational visits to industries to get Practical knowledge.
- To train the students for competitive exams such as IIT-JAM, IAS, KAS
|Name of the Faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Dr. R.K.Shikkargol||Principal & Asso. Professor||M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D|
|Sri. Basavaraj A. Bilagi||H.O.D & Assistant Professor||M.Sc,M.Phil, (Ph.D)|
|Dr. Ramesh K.B.||Assistant Professor||M.Sc, Ph.D, B.Ed.|
|Shri. Harshavardhan A.||Assistant Professor||M.Sc, KSET, (Ph.D)|
|Sri. Channabasava Patil||Lecturer||M.Sc, B.Ed|
|Dr. Basavaraj S. Naraboli||Lecturer||M.Sc, Ph.D|
|Miss. Brickly Phylomina||Lecturer||M.Sc., B.Ed|
|Smt. Pavitra Reddy||Lecturer||M.Sc., B.Ed|