- Department of : Electronics
- Name of the Chairperson: Dr. S. T. Sulepetkar
- Faculty of the Department
|Name of the Faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|Dr. S. T. Sulepetkar||H.O.D, & Asso. Professor||M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D|
|Dr. S. A. Malipatil||Assistant Professor||M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D|
|Dr. Jagadevi Gudda||Assistant Professor||M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D|
Brief History of Department:: Basic Electronics Course was introduced in the year 1982 as one of the optional subject for B.Sc. degree course by taking 5 lakh rupees as financial aid from UGC under restructured courses. The department of Electronics was given the status of separate dept. in 1991, after bifurcation of the Physics department. The faculty of the department is actively engaged in teaching and research in the areas of microwave antenna and ferroelectrics. The faculty members are collaborating with institutions like Dept. of Applied Electronics and Dept. of Materials Science, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga. Electronics can be taken as one of the optional like PME, MECs, PECs, SECs and Mili Sc ECs and total intake will be 50 students.
|B.Sc||Max. Period for completion of the course: 3 years||Eligibility: PUC or its equivalent|
Departmental Research Activities::
- Total no. of Research Articles published in Peer- Reviewed National/International Journals / UGC approved Journals with impact factors – 02
- No. of research articles appeared in proceedings of national/International Conferences – 05
- Total no. of papers presented: 05
- Total no. of Research Articles published in Peer- Reviewed National/International Journals /UGC approved Journals with impact factors – 07
- No. of research articles appeared in proceedings of national/International Conferences – 04
- Total no. of papers presented: 04
- Total no. of Research Articles published in Peer- Reviewed National/International Journals /UGC approved Journals with impact factors – 04
- No. of research articles appeared in proceedings of national/International Conferences – 07
- Total no. of papers presented: 07
Chairs/Fellowship/Medals (if any)::
- As a Chairperson for paper presentation session in International conference.
- As a Chairperson for paper presentation session in National conference.
Any other Information::
- 1.Skill development program on Set top box (DTH) Installation and repairing course.
- 2.Certificate course on Fundamentals of C programming.
SWOC analysis of the department and future plans::
- Excellent infrastructure with well equipped laboratory.
- Good quality students come from different parts of the state.
- Dedicated and qualified faculty with Ph.D.
- The department has favorable atmosphere for learning.
- The laboratory is upgraded regularly as needed.
- Lack of research facility.
- Most of the students from rural background.
- Two add on courses offered along with their regular degree courses to give an opportunity to the students in the job market.
- Attraction of students from other states.
- Development of Incubation Centre.
- Strengthening Consultancy Services.
- Distraction of the students by the cell phones and social media. How to get rid of such forces is a major challenge before the teachers of the college.
- Attracting students towards reading habit.
- Plan to apply proposal for major /minor research projects.
- Plan to organize a workshop on ICT teaching and learning Process with financial
- Plan to a visit to keonics.
- Plan to start skill enhancement one day workshop for final year students
- Name: Dr. S. T. Sulepetkar
- Telephone No : 9480420646
- Email : email@example.com