The Sharnbasveshwar College of science nurtured by Sharanabasaveshwar Vidya Vardhak sangha, has its own unique track record of taking care of women in all spheres of her life. It is having a legacy of starting girls school Mahadevi Girls school (established in the year 1931). Now the Management runs more than half a dozen schools and colleges exclusively for girls including an Engineering college. Our college has a sixty percent of girl students strength in all semesters of B. Sc. Programme which amply demonstrates the amount of concern and care girls and is recognized as a pioneer college in this city of Kalaburagi. The Women’s cell in the college truly reflects in all its activities, the true spirit of management, and its deep concern for women. The College Women’s cell has a greater responsibility to mold the personality of girl students so that they can scale higher rungs in their life. It strides to empower young girls to attain mental, emotional and physical fitness. The Cell also makes to realize her own standing in the society. It aims at making her to realize true potentiality in every aspect of her life. The cell periodically engages in conducting carrier counseling, arranges lectures on health and hygiene awareness. It also invites nutritional experts to create awareness about dietary. It also arranges short term courses on self defense, skill development etc.
VISION: Empowering women in all spheres of her life.
MISSION: To make her realize the true potential embedded in her.
- To provide a platform to channelize their creativity and air their voice.
- To prepare young girls so that they can be able to absorb modernity with the light of tradition they inherit.
- To train girls to be courageous and face challenges of life.
- To train young girls in the world of the citizenry.
- To develop self-confidence and realize the constitutional provisions for women.
- To develop the overall personality of women by conducting seminars, workshops and conferences.
- To prevent sexual harassment.
- We have provided a separate room for women’s cell to carry on day to day activities and have provided necessary infrastructure facilities.
The committee headed by the Principal is coordinated by the senior lady faculty.
Women’s cell for the academic year 2020 -21
|1||Dr. R.K Shikkargol||Principal & Chairman|
|2||Dr. Chitralekha Alur||Coordinator|
|3||Dr. Swarooparani H.||Member|
|4||Dr. Jagadevi Gudda||Member|
|5||Dr. B. Ramakrishna Reddy||Member|
|6||Dr. Omprakash Sonar||Member|
|7||Mr. Ganesh A. H. (PCM)||Student representative|
|8||Miss. Simran Nishat(PCM)||Student representative|
- Report for the year 2020 – 21
- Report for the year 2019 – 20
- Report for the year 2018 – 19
- Report for the year 2017 – 18
- Report for the year 2016 – 17
- Report for the year 2015 – 16
Dr. Chitralekha Alur
Mobile No. : 9380495428